Parade & Costume Contest Registration
2022 is our 20th Krewe of Barkus parade in historic downtown McKinney. After introducing the idea of annual themes in 2007, we have had a howling good time each year, celebrating pups in creative ways. This year, you can choose any of our prior themes and revisit your favorite Movies, Music, History, Cultures, Cartoons, etc. - there's a theme for everyone who wants to have fun and impress the judges. Choose one of our previous themes and let us know on your entry form which you will be dressing as.
Previous Krewe of Barkus Themes:
- 2021 | Valentines from Barkus - All we need is love
- 2020 | Puppies go Pop-star
- 2019 | A Barkus Salute to Reality TV
- 2018 | The Bark-a-Palooza Tour Around The World
- 2017 | Barkus Gone Bad – A Salute to Our Favorite Villains
- 2016 | Barkus Does Books – A Salute To Our Favorite Characters in Literature
- 2015 | Pooches & Paris – Barkus Salutes All Things French
- 2014 | Barkus Goes Back in Time – Decked Out By Decade
- 2013 | Barkus Gets Animated – From Comic to Cartoons, A Salute to the Characters that Tickle our Funnybones
- 2012 | All American Barkus – A Salute To Presidents, Pioneers, & Pawtriots
- 2011 | Happy Tails To You – Barkus Salutes Texas & The Wild, Wild West
- 2010 | Fairy Tails & Love Stories – Barkus Does Romance (this one fell on Valentine’s Day)
- 2009 | Tailevision – Classic TV Gone To The Dogs
- 2008 | Rock & Roll Pawl of Fame
- 2007 | Hounds Go To Hollywood
If you would like to participate in the costume contest, please fill out the registration form. You will receive confirmation of your entry. Please be sure to include all the information requested below.
Costume prizes will be awarded in each size group (small, medium, large and really large) for Best Costume, Best Dog and Owner Combo, and overall Best of Show. This year’s top honor will be crowned King of the Hill. The costume parade is limited to 250 dogs with a small entry fee, but the Pawty in the Park and on the Square is open to all at no charge.
If you have any questions about themes or costumes, e-mail Blynda Christian at: email@example.com