Below, please find key information on COVID-19 as well as some measures that can be taken to decrease and prevent the spread of this virus based on Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) guidance.
Jump to Topic:
- Vaccine availability information | DSHS COVID-19 Vaccine information page
- I lost my COVID-19 vaccination card and am trying to get the booster shot. How can I get a replacement?
- State of Texas and County cases | DSHS Dashboard
- United States cases | Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- International cases | Johns Hopkins University Center for Systems Science and Engineering
COVID-19 Housing and Utility Assistance
Programs available until December 31, 2021 or funds are fully distributed.
- Households must have income at or below 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI), as defined by HUD.
- AND one or more of the tenant household members have:
- Qualified for unemployment benefits; OR
- Attest in writing that due to or during the pandemic, they:
- Experienced a reduction in household income,
- Incurred significant costs, or
- Experienced financial hardship
- AND households must also demonstrate they:
- Are at risk of homelessness or housing instability by providing an eviction notice or past-due utility or rent notice; OR
- Live in unsafe or unhealthy housing conditions
- Any unpaid rent or utility bills you apply for can go no further back than March 13, 2020.
- Assistance will NOT be provided to individuals, only mortgage companies, landlords and utility companies.
- You may NOT have previously received rental / mortgage and utility assistance for the months that you are applying for – Emergency Housing and Living Assistance Program (EHLA) - or be currently receiving assistance from Texas Rental Assistance Program.
HUD AMI Table
|Number of people in household||Income Limit|
Apply for one of the following programs:
- Mortgage and Utility Assistance
- Rental and Utility Assistance
- Rental ONLY Assistance - If you have received an eviction notice, your application will be given priority.
- Living in a hotel and need assistance
- Homeless in McKinney and wish to be housed - Contact Tricia Garcia by email or call 214-531-1111
- Financial assistance outside of McKinney