The McKinney Public Library strives to impact lives and build a sense of community. We understand the power of service and the impact working on a community project can have on the lives of those involved, especially our youth. We are excited to share our passion for service by providing an avenue for those opportunities.
- Credit for volunteer hours that may be reported to your needs at school
- Building a strong and resilient community
Registration through Voly is required. Background checks can take up to two weeks to come through. Court appointed hours cannot be fulfilled with this program.
- John & Judy Gay Library: In-person volunteer opportunities for teens 13 and up, please visit and register through Voly.
- Roy & Helen Hall Library: In-person volunteer opportunities for teens 15 and up, please visit and register through Voly.
- Online Hours: Type three full paged letters to individuals in nursing facilities. Submit letters through our online form.
- Questions or concerns? Please email: VolunTeens@McKinneyTexas.org.
- Participate in community service projects.
- Assist in teen and youth programs through preparation, set-up, implementation, and take-down.
- Shelf-read books to make sure they are in order.
- Pulling holds.
- Other library duties as needed.
- Must be a student in grades 6 - 12.
- Professionalism while volunteering (e.g. no cell phones, shorts, flip flops, or tank tops).
- Court appointed hours may not be fulfilled with VolunTEENS at this time.