Early Voting | Dec 29 - Jan 11
Voter Registration Information
- Register to vote
- December 16, 2021 | Deadline to register for voting in the January special election.
- Locate your precinct and district
- Make sure your voter information is up-to-date
- John & Judy Gay Library
- McKinney Fire Station #5
- McKinney Fire Station #9
- Old Settler’s Recreation Center
- Collin County Election Office
For other voter registration issues, please visit the Collin County Elections Office Voter Registration Information page.
On Jan 15, 2022, voters will elect a replacement representative for City Council, At-Large 2
- This position became vacant on Oct 15, when Council Member Frederick Frazier announced his candidacy to run for a state House Representative seat.
- Because his term on City Council has more than 1 year remaining, state law requires his replacement to be elected rather than appointed. He will continue to serve until a replacement member is determined.
- Due to the nature of the vacancy and required deadlines, this event cannot be delayed until the uniform election event of May 2022.
Candidate Application Information
Candidate Application filing period | Nov 3 - Nov 12, 2021 at 5 p.m.
- If no candidate obtains more than half the votes, a run-off election will be conducted (schedule TBD).
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday / Sunday: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Candidate Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be a registered voter of the city for at least one (1) year prior to election day.
- Must physically reside in city / district represented (at time of election and during term of office).
Candidate Application Checklist*
All items must be delivered in a single submission
- Application Checklist Form - PDF
- Application for a Place on the Ballot
- Driver's License
- Voter Registration Card
- Campaign Treasurer Appointment Form (if not previously filed)
- Code of Fair Campaign Practices Form (optional)
- Any one of the following:
- Paycheck stub or W2 listing the residency address on the application
- Homestead Exemption listing the residency address on the application
- Military ID listing the residency address on the application
- An official school district form that lists the residency address on the application (information about children should be redacted)
- Vehicle registration that lists the candidate's name and the residency address
- All items must be delivered in a single submission to the City Secretary's Office at 222 N. Tennessee St., McKinney, TX 75069, during filing hours.
- Submissions will be marked "RECEIVED" by an authorized member of staff and you will be provided with a copy of the submission. Upon review, the City Secretary will contact you via the public email address listed on your application to convey the status of your application as approved or denied.
- If denied, correctable item(s) can be resubmitted before the filing deadline for further review.
*Hardcopies of forms and instructions are available at no cost from the City Secretary's Office upon request.